William A. O'Brien, M.A.
FOR THE EXTRAORDINARY FORM
"IN SACRISTY AND SANCTUARY"
For the solemn administration of Confirmation, the following preparations are
1. IN THE SACRISTY.
(1) Processional cross.
(2) Acolytes' candlesticks with
(3) Thurible with lighted charcoal and incense boat.
2. ON THE HIGH ALTAR.
(1) Six high candles lighted.
(2) White tabernacle veil and
(3) The Bishop’s vestments are
arranged on the center of the altar table (mensa): White cope, white stole,
cincture, alb, amice.
(4) Mitre on gospel side.
(5) Crosier on epistle side.
(6) A chair or if possible a
(7) A prie-dieu with green
cushion (red for a Cardinal) in center before altar.
1. Crozier. 2.
Mitre. 3. Faldstool. 3A. Same, folded. 4. Oil Stock with Holy Chrism.
6. Archbishop’s Processional Cross.7. Ewer and Basin.
3. ON THE CREDENCE TABLE.
(1) The "Pontificale
Romanum"; Oilstock of Holy Chrism; Bugia (Bishop's Candlestick).
(2) The Bishop's "Ewer" or pitcher with water and
basin for the washing of the Bishop's hands. Also a towel.
(3) A supply of cotton for wiping
the Holy Chrism from the foreheads of those to be confirmed.
(4) A vessel or dish for
receiving the used cotton.
(5) Bread and sliced lemon on a tray-for Bishop's
(6) A basket or dish for receiving
the candidates' name cards.
(7) The white humeral veil.
(8) The "Ritus Confirmandi" (The book containing the
rite of Confirmation). Also the Manual having the
prayers for Benediction.
NOTE: The bearers of the Mitre and Crosier wear white veils over their
shoulders, with which they hold these articles.
NOTE: If the administration of
the Sacrament of Confirmation is combined with the "Visitation of the Bishop" the preparations stated
earlier are to be made in conjunction with the instructions given for "The
© 2008. Biretta Books, Ltd. Chicago, IL. All Rights Reserved.
Web Store has a comprehensive collection of resources just for the
sacristan! We offer exclusive products for the Traditional Latin Mass.
We may have just what you are looking for! Click
below to shop or just take a look!