William A. O'Brien, M.A.
FOR THE EXTRAORDINARY FORM
"IN SACRISTY AND SANCTUARY"
The following preparations are made for the
administration of the Sacrament of Baptism:
1. FOR THE PRIEST.
(2) A combination stole having
white on one side and violet on the reverse.
2. NEAR THE FONT.
A table covered with a white linen cloth upon which are
the following things:
(1) The Holy Oils.
(2) The vessel with blessed salt.
NOTE: There is obtainable a
special outfit, called "Baptismal Case", that is very practical for
the purpose of keeping ready to hand the Holy Oils and the blessed salt.
(3) The lighted wax candle on a
(4) Cotton for the anointings.
(5) A small white robe or its
(6) Baptismal shell-i.e. vessel for pouring the
(7) Towel-for drying the child's
head after baptism.
(8) Ritual and baptismal register.
3. THE RECEPTION OF CONVERTS.
(1) Surplice; purple stole where customary-
(2) Chair on the epistle side of
(3) Book of Gospels.
The arrangements for the baptism of a convert are the
same as for the usual baptismal ceremony.
A. Case containing Holy Chrism, Oil of Catechumens, and
Salt. B. Baptismal Shell.
© 2008. Biretta Books, Ltd. Chicago, IL. All Rights Reserved.
Web Store has a comprehensive collection of resources just for the
sacristan! We offer exclusive products for the Traditional Latin Mass.
We may have just what you are looking for! Click
below to shop or just take a look!