priest is permitted to say three Masses on this day. There are no
special arrangements necessary for the Masses. But it may occur that
the "Absolution" is given after the Mass. Where such is the custom, the
following preparations must likewise be made:
1. IN THE SACRISTY.
(1) Black cope.
(2) Processional cross.
(3) Acolytes' candlesticks with lighted candles.
(4) Thurible with lighted charcoal and incense boat.
(5) Holy water pot and sprinkler.
(6) Ritual or manual containing burial services.
2. IN THE CENTER AISLE OUTSIDE OF COMMUNION RAIL.
The "Catafalque " covered with the black pall will be erected in the center aisle surrounded by 6 unbleached lighted candles.