A. Preparation of the Altar for Benediction.
(1) The altar table cover or dust cloth, i.e., the green or red cloth that covers the linen altar cloths, should be removed.
(2) The Tabernacle veil and antependium should be white.
(3) At least twelve candles should be lighted exclusive of the six high candles.
(4) The crucifix may remain in place or may be removed according to the custom of the place.
(5) The burse and tabernacle key should be upon the altar.
(6) A corporal should be placed upon the throne, upon which the monstrance will rest.
(7) The monstrance may be upon the altar covered with a white veil.
The prayer card or book containing the Benediction prayers and the
incense boat, unless the latter is carried by the thurifer or another
altar boy, as well as the bell, should be upon the altar steps on the
(9) Fresh flowers should adorn the altar.
(10) The humeral veil is always white and should be in a convenient place in the sanctuary.